HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER

Wondering how to place an order? You can email jody@altacs.com or brandijj@hotmail.com. If you prefer you can call 801-571-4869. Have A Great DAY!

Tabs

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Macarons

Lately I have been testing how to bake macarons. You have probably heard that they are a little tricky to make. I have heard that too and actually I have heard that the French say that American's can't make them at all.
Here are some tips on  detectinga good Macaron. See the little rim around the middle of the cookie that is called a foot. Your macaroon has to have a foot the tops cannot be cracked. I think my foot is a little bigger than it is supposed to be?
A Macaron is definitly not to be confused with a coconut macaroon (with two o's).  When you bite into a macaron and you think "oh it's crunchy" and immediately you realize, "no it' s chewy". They are very light and tasty cookie.
They are made from almond flour and powder sugar.   You can choose whatever filling that pleases you.  The French quit often just use a jam or jelly.  I choose Strawberry butter cream with fresh strawberries.
Will . . . did I make them correctly? I am not sure, but I am going to Paris this summer so I will check out the Macarons. I will have to check out the Macaron at Quest: Pierre Hermé on rue Bonaparte. I hear they bake over 17,000 macarons a day and that one macaron cost 5.00 US dollars. I will tell you when I get back if that is so.
Created By Sugar Mama's Cakery Sugar Mama's Cakery is a catering company in Utah specializing in Wedding and specialty cakes, cookies and other fun treats

1 comment:

Tamara said...

How interesting! I thought they were the same as macaroons, now I know better. They look gorgeous.